Waterproof Silicone Sealant: How to Protect Your Building this Monsoon Season
You must utilize weather and waterproof silicone sealant to strengthen your house and other infrastructures before Monsoon’s arrival.
Although the monsoon brings with it a welcome break from the scorching summer and its extreme humidity - copious rain, and the extra wetness also bring in a variety of issues.
This calm is accompanied by the harm that the continual rain does to buildings and other structures. Monsoon doesn’t just affect you, but also the house you live in. Making the air a bit more chilled and the surroundings damped.
More than often this dampness and excess coldness are due to an unidentified gap between your door or window or perhaps both.
Why you need to revamp your house pre-monsoon
The monsoon would be the worst time of year to discover a window leak in your house or office space, because water can enter your space and cause damage to not only that space but other wooden or steel furniture.
One of the most frequent causes of a leaky window is the window sealant that is deteriorating or broken and allows rainfall and moisture to seep through.
It only makes sense to seal these leaks and gaps using a good quality waterproof silicone sealant because, during this time, health and house risks include seeping water, fractured walls, fungus and a variety of others present themselves.
Although, you can still seal it on your own using a waterproof silicone sealant, contacting a local professional for caulking can turn out to be the most cost- and time-efficient solution.
Things to take care of Pre-Monsoon
- Check for drainage faults - Make sure stormwater drain points are free and unobstructed in terrace and penthouse open spaces so that there is no risk of rainwater clogging anywhere, advises Agarwal. For a smooth water flow, you can also level the terrace by putting cement plaster.
- Check for fissures - Looking for cracks Early inspection and repair of cracks will guarantee that damage is kept to a minimum since, according to experts, once leakage begins, it ruins the paint and the damage can be much worse than what the eye can see.
For both internal and exterior surfaces, there are internal & outdoor silicone sealant products available that you can choose from. For plaster cracks up to 3 mm in width, it ensures unequalled crack bridging ability.
- Protect electronic equipment - During the monsoon, exposed electrical fittings can be extremely dangerous to human life. Employing an electrician to look for any loose wiring and frayed electrical cords is advised.
It is also possible to utilize moisture-absorbing bags to protect your belongings by absorbing moisture and preventing shock circuits behind electronic equipment.
- Install blinds- Attach bamboo or plastic blinds to the tops of doors and windows. They are typically quite inexpensive. They aid in preventing water from entering the house and do not obstruct the view of the outside.
- Replace or repair frames- Consider installing PVC or plastic windows with special integration for preventing water from entering the home if you want to replace outdated windows that leak after heavy rain.
On the window frame, a raised inner rail collects rainwater and directs it outside. Due to its location, the threshold prevents water from entering. Furthermore, spilt water tends to be drained if the guide plate has an incline of at least five degrees.
- Safeguard your furniture - It is advised to apply a protective wax or varnish coating to hardwood flooring, doors, and furniture during the rainy season because the wood has a propensity to absorb moisture and swell.
To protect them from direct rain, keep leather-upholstered sofas and hardwood furniture away from doors and windows at all times.
Monsoon Proofing Services
The two most important areas of your building where water can collect and enter, causing damage, are the doors and windows.
Your structure will be protected from degradation brought by environmental factors like wind, water, and moisture buildup if you weatherproof your building.
Applying outdoor silicone sealants will stop water from seeping into cracks and fissures and protect your facade.
Furthermore, reduced heating and cooling expenditures contribute to year-round comfort as an added benefit.
Water can be kept out of your building space by applying a protective coating to the outside and other recommended areas. Damage may result from this in places that are particularly vulnerable to flooding.
Bondzil offers a wide range of sealant services to help you monsoon-proof your home. While maintaining your peace of mind during these severe monsoon storms.
How can Bondzil Waterproof Silicone Sealants help you?
Bondzil is one of India's leading silicone sealant manufacturers offering a wide range of high-performance sealants serving everyday purposes, there is extensive research backed by technology & thinking.
Our range of Weather Silicone Sealant is perfectly suited for indoor and outdoor applications-
Weather Silicone Sealant is a one-part, neutral-cure, architectural-grade sealant.
By reacting with moisture in the air, it forms a durable, flexible silicone rubber seal in any weather.
Bondzils Weather Silicone Sealant is commonly used to apply on roof-tops & shades without any advance preparation.
Weather Engineering Silicone Sealant is a high-quality, neutral, elastic joint sealant.
Specially designed for sealing expansion joints and controlling their movement joints, precast concrete panel joints, non-structural curtain walls, mullion joints & stress cracks in parapet walls.
As a result of its non-staining property, it is compatible with laminated glass, ACP, stone, etc.
Check our complete range of Weather Silicone Sealants here.